Saturday, December 5, 2009

Snow, Pancakes, and Basketball Victories

Winter is, by far, my favorite season. From Christmas to New Year's and Valentine's Day, winter is definitely the most fun season as far as celebrating with your friends and family. Today it snowed for the first time this year. I LOVE the snow! When I woke up this morning I suddenly remember that there had been a prediction of snow. Snow!!! I thought. I groggily climbed over my boyfriend, waking him up in the process, and looked out the window to see if the prediction had come true. It had. As a childish smile slowly appeared across my face, I climbed out of bed and shouted at Chris to get up. Of course, I wanted to go outside and play in the snow. As he mumbled "Ugh, I hate you." he cracked a little smile and got out of bed. After getting dressed in our warmest clothes, we went outside and threw snowballs at each other for awhile before building a small snowman. I hadn't been that happy in quite awhile. 2009 has been quite a rough year for me both physically and emotionally and today was a much needed break in the stress of everyday life. Chris and I then went inside. He made pancakes, I made coffee, and we snuggled up on the couch. Then to top off a great morning, we watched the University of Kentucky vs. University of North Carolina basketball game. UK, my favorite team, won 68-66. As I sit here at his desk reflecting on the past few hours, Chris is getting ready for work. I am happy - truly, purely, 100%, honest-to-God happy - and I hope I stay this way for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment