Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Am An Assassin

I recently bought the new John Mayer CD and, of course, it's amazing! One of my favorite songs on the album is Assassin and I think it's one of my favorites because I can really relate to what he's saying. I was kind of, well very, promiscuous in high school and after I graduated and pretty much until I started dating my current boyfriend.I was all about the no-strings-attached, purely physical relationships. That was how I liked it. It was safe.If i didn't get attached then no one could hurt me. When I met my current boyfriend (we've been together since March) my plan was to do the same with him. But some where along the way I fell for him, and he for me. Thus here I am in the longest relationship of my life doing the very best I can not to fuck it up. I still get a little manic sometimes and freak out and let all of my insecurities get the best of me, but I love him with all of my heart and I know that he loves me as well so my days as an assassin are officially over. But the lyrics to the song are:

I work in the dead of night/When the roads are quiet, no one is around/To track my moves/Racing the yellow lights/To find the gate is open, she's waiting in her room/I just slip on through/You get in, you get done and then you get gone/You never leave a trace or show your face, you get gone/Shoulda turned around and left before the sun came up again/ But the sun came up again/Into the morning light/To find the day is burning the curtains and the wine/In a little whit room/No I'm not alone/Her head is heavy on me,she's sleeping like a child/What could I do/You get in, you get done and then you get gone/You never leave a trace or show your face, you get gone/Shoulda turned around and left before the sun came up again/ But the sun came up again/I was a killer, was the best they'd ever seen/I'd steal your heart before you ever heard a thing/I'm an Assassin and I had a job to do/ Little did I know that girl was an Assassin too/Suddenly I'm in over my head and I can hardly breathe/Suddenly I'm floating over her bed and I feel everything/And suddenly I know exactly what I did, but I cannot move a thing/And suddenly I know exactly what I've done and what it's gonna mean to me, mean to me/I'm gone/I was a killer, was the best they'd ever seen/I'd steal your heart before you ever heard a thing/I'm an Assassin and I had a job to do/ Little did I know that girl was an Assassin too/She's an Assassin/She's an Assassin/She's and Assassin/She's an Assassin and she had a job to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment