Saturday, December 5, 2009

Finals and Fights

All in all I can pretty much say that my first semester of college has sucked. I've been, sick, sicker, and then sick again. There's no telling how many days of class I missed and how many assignments I've had to make up. But I'm almost completely caught up now, thank God. Dead week starts Monday. I have a test in Mass Comm that day and all my other classes will be basic review with the exception of English. I'm failing Biology, that is certain, so I doubt I'll even take the final. I've already signed up to take it again next semester so that my GPA doesn't completely suck. Everyone in my apartment is on edge. I live with three other girls. FML. I, generally speaking, son't get along very well with most other girls because I have an incredibly low bullshit tolerance. I brought pots and pans and various nice cooking utensils that two of my roommates took it upon themselves to use all the time without cleaning and without any regard for my feelings about sharing my things so frequently when they never cleaned them afterwards or asked for my permission before hand. Finally I got fed up and left a not so nice not on the refrigerator stating that no one was allowed to use my things anymore because I had brought them for me not for "us" and that their blatant disregard for my personal property hurt my feeling and made me angry. I mean who gets an apartment without considering all of the things you'll need to furnish it with? This note, unbeknown to me, sparked serious tension between everyone. My incredibly sensitive, baby of a roommate, Molly took it to mean that I hated her and wanted her to move out. Wow. After a screaming match took place last night that ended with her in tears and me leaving the apartment in a rage, she then got into another fight with my roommate Jaclyn who has a very short fuse. This fight was apparently even more heated that mine. This morning everyone is pretending that nothing happened and they are all till continuing to walk on eggshells around the sensitive Molly so as not to hurt her feelings. Fuck that. I refuse to walk on eggshells in my own apartment. If something upsets me or hurts my feelings you can be damn sure that whoever did it. I am not one of those girls that will scream and get in your face about it though. I pride myself on being fairly rational and reasonable and do not like fights so I can usually make the issues known through calm discussions. But as far as pretending everything is fine so that the baby of the apartment doesn't cry and run home to mommy is concerned, it'll never happen. We are all big girls. I'm 20 years old and this high school drama doesn't amuse me anymore. Next year, I'm living by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment